Our internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website, the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded.
1. What Personal Information Is Collected by CML?
Protecting confidential information is fundamental to our relationship with our clients. The types of personal information that is collected by CML will depend upon the nature of your dealings with the firm.
We may collect personal information when you:
- instruct us to provide you with legal advice and services;
- subscribe to our newsletters;
- attend a CML seminar or workshop; or
- have business dealings with us (whether as one of our suppliers or as a client).
We do not collect personal information that we do not need. We will not disclose such information except in accordance with your instructions.
We usually collect the following kinds of personal information:
- your name;
- professional memberships;
- interests in areas of legal practice or events;
- business address;
- e-mail address; and
- contact numbers (telephone, fax, mobile).
CML will not ask for or collect 'sensitive information' about you (such as details of your race, political beliefs, religion or health) unless it is needed for the purposes of providing advice.
If you are a contact person for one of our suppliers, a government agency or are a company with which we deal, we may collect basic business contact information from you (eg your name, title and work contact details).
2. How does CML use Personal Information?
The information we collect from you helps us to continually improve our service to you.
We also collect personal information so that we may let you know of new legal developments and judicial developments. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications, please let our Privacy Officer know.
In regards to our business contacts and suppliers, it is CMLs' policy to only use personal information for the business purpose for which it was collected.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We will only disclose your personal information:
- on a confidential basis to external service providers in connection with the provision of legal services by the firm;
- when required to do so by law; and
- where you consent for us to do so.
We will not sell or pass on any personal information that you have provided us.
4. Access and Correction
You have the right to seek access to your personal information held by CML. We may charge a fee where access is provided.
If you believe that the personal information held by CML is inaccurate or out of date, or if you have any other queries about access and correction, please contact our Privacy Officer.
CML takes all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it holds is protected against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our computer systems are password protected and are frequently updated using anti-virus software. All paper documents that contain personal information can only be accessed by authorised personnel. Documents kept in safe custody can also only be accessed by authorised personnel.
6. How to Contact Clark McNamara Lawyers
Clark McNamara Lawyers
GPO Box 835
Sydney NSW 2001