A vast amount of legal information is available on the Internet. However, until now it has been very difficult to search and access this information quickly and easily. In association with a leading IT and document management supplier, Clark McNamara Lawyers have developed a solution.
LawPORTAL (http://www.lawportal.com.au) is a comprehensive legal portal which tabulates important legal sites and information and combines this with a navigation tool to easily switch between various sites. The tool enables the user to split the screen so that there are 2 sites on screen at the one time eg legislation in the top screen and related case law in the bottom screen.
The portal is essentially a "one-stop gateway" to legal information on the web, which organises information and provides quick links to:
- case law
- daily court lists
- bills, hansard and parliamentary papers
- business and domain name registration forms and authorities
- government (Australian and international) web sites and resources
- key search functions such as ASIC Name Searches and Australian Trade Mark Searches
- law societies and bar associations
- legal publishers
- law libraries
- law journals
- daily newspapers
- banking and investment sites, and
- other information essential to the day-to-day operation of a legal practice.
There is also a discussion forum to facilitate exchange of ideas between lawyers in key practice areas as well as in some lifestyle areas.
The portal is free to join and accessible to everyone. Even those with little exposure to the Internet and /or the Law should find LawPORTAL a simple and useful tool.
Why not visit LawPORTAL and see for yourself at http://www.lawportal.com.au