Construction & Property
We prepare and review contracts for new projects.
The success of any project is determined well before anyone sets foot on site.
Our construction lawyers provide practical support in the following areas:
- project structuring, such as how to choose the right type of contract and setting up Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) arrangements
- preparing NDAs, EOIs and RFTs
- drafting contracts, including head contracts, subcontracts, consultant contracts and supplier agreements
- contract reviews, including preparing tender qualifications, negotiating contracts, and drafting contract amendments.
We are regularly asked to advise on different procurement methods, including GMP, construction management and managing contractor arrangements.
We are familiar with all of the key Australian Standard forms of contract, including as AS 4000, AS 2124, AS 4902, AS 4300, AS 4916 and many more.
We act in a wide range of construction projects across Australia from small projects up to $300 million plus. We do not advise on domestic construction contracts.
Our construction lawyers offer practical, common sense advice.
Contact us today for a contract review
Most of the contracts we review are bespoke contracts or modified Australian Standards (e.g., AS 4000, AS 2124, AS 4300, AS 4902, AS 4916 etc).
Our reviews will allow you to quickly identify key risk areas and are presented in a way that is easy to understand.
We can continue to support your project team well after the contract is signed.
When things change or don’t go to plan, we can step in to support the project team.
- Contract administration support, including developing flowcharts and standard forms, training.
- Project audits and health checks
- Dispute avoidance and dispute resolution, including defects disputes and security of payment.