Peter McNamara B.Ec LLM FANZCN
Peter was admitted as a solicitor in 1988. He has a range of commercial clients based in Australia and overseas, including the building and construction, manufacturing, sale of consumer products and IT industries. Peter has achieved positive results for clients in the following practice areas.
Business Law Group
- Business and share sales, mergers and joint ventures
- Shareholder and unit holder agreements
- Corporate formation and joint ventures
- Corporate governance including disclosure, fundraising and ASIC and ASX Listing Rules compliance
Workplace Law Group
- Writing and editing “Workplace Mail” a monthly publication on Workplace Relations
- Employment, Retention, Non-Compete, Restraint and Confidentiality Contracts
- Executive Terminations and Unfair Dismissals
Property Law and Investment Law Group
- Commercial leasing for clients with retail, commercial and industrial property holdings
- Construction projects structuring including options, agreements to lease and project financing
- Financier regulatory compliance and security work for capital funding
In addition to this commercial legal work, Peter has an ongoing commitment to community service.
Peter was a Regional President of the Law Society of NSW and a foundation member of the Young Lawyers Community Services Committee, which has undertaken significant initiatives to assist community access to justice. He was for 20 years a director of Law Week Limited. Law Week is held in the second week of May, and is a joint venture between the Attorney General’s Department, Police Service, Legal Aid, Law Society and Bar Association in New South Wales.
Peter has also served in various roles with the St Vincent de Paul Society in Australia: he was a National Council Board Member and Administrator and was a director and NSW State President of the St Vincent de Paul Society.