Dispute Resolution & Insolvency
The CML Lawyers Insolvency Practice Group assists companies at risk of insolvency. We also advise insolvency practitioners in corporate recovery and insolvency administration. We draw on the experience of our Business Law, Property, Workplace and Dispute Resolution Practice Groups to reinforce our accurate and commercially aware advice.
If you or your business is experiencing any financial stress or you find yourself dealing with one of your customers now under insolvency administration, we can advise you to protect your position and manage your risk of loss. If you are considering buying assets from an insolvency administrator, we can help you ensure that you only get the assets with good title, and nothing else.
We understand business law, insolvency law and management and financial accounting and can assist you and guide you with any reconstruction exercises and/or negotiations with secured or unsecured creditors.
We also have significant experience within the insolvency profession and can advise in respect of any of the following:
- Appointment of liquidators, receivers, and voluntary administrators;
- Advice to lenders on security documentation, enforcement and priority
- Preparation and advice on deeds of company arrangement;
- Public examinations;
- Voidable transactions and unfair preferences;
- Insolvent trading actions;
- Retention of title disputes;
- Industrial issues arising in insolvency administrations;
- Commercial recovery of company assets;
- Urgent and interlocutory court applications.